Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Day has come and gone!

Well folks, Turkey Day is over.....soon it will be Christmas, then New Years, and before we know it it will be spring again!!! How does time go by so fast?? It seems like each passing year gets shorter and shorter. Does that mean I am getting old??? I feel like only old people say things like that! yikes! well, I am what I am!
Thanksgiving is a tough holiday for me and my family. BOOOO for Turkey Day! ha! OK, well in all seriousness it isn't a fun holiday. The thought of Turkey Day is always followed with thoughts of my mother. I have replayed her last day on this earth in my head over and over again. Somedays I want to cling to those memories and other days I wish I could forget them! Turkey Day just isn't turkey, mashed taters, stuffing, and cranberries (from the can of course!)....it's the constant memory of my mom and the ache that is inside of me wishing she was still with us!
This Turkey day I stayed in Morgantown and yes folks, my turkey day dinner was a baked potatoe with all the fixin'zzz!!! Meaning, brocolli, cauliflower, cheddar cheese (fat free of course), and fat free sour cream! One word: YUMMMMMOO!! I had decided I wasn't going home a few weeks ago, then I changed my mind at the last minute and decided I was gonna drive home, then I got sick....too sick to make the trip, plus I didn't wanna get my family sick. So I stayed in Morgantown. I had high hopes for my day...wanted to sleep in, watch the Office on DVD, and organize my room. Well, the day was a success! Sweet! BUT also the Lord just met me on Turkey Day as well. The constant streams of truth that were spoken to the depths of my heart provided love and comfort that just filled me to the brim! How great is the Lord that He cares for us when we are weary! How great is He that He loves us enough to give us what we need to get through tough days!! I have decided that this Turkey Day, I would share with you all that I am thankful for, in no particular order!!

my sweet, sweet Jesus!!
nature
The Teodoro family
my family (step-dad, dad, bro's, sistah's, nieces and nephews)
Comfort and peace that only comes from the Lord
memories of my mom
BASKETBALL!
WVU football, oh ok and basketball too
Kleenex's
pictures
good friends (Jill, Ginny, Aja, Liz, Carla, Brooke, Dooke, Katie, Ashley, Liz, Stace, Jay & Amanda, Klinkie, Matt, Amanda H., Anthony, Kristen, Chrissi, Roy, Crystal, Steve & Dawn, Gretchen, Amy, Shannon, Melissa, Sandy, and my home group gals!!)
laughter
purity
the WORD
funny people
great music
people who love the Lord and love others
Ephesians 3:14-21
good books
cell phones that work
computers that work
cars that work
Chestnut Mountain Ranch
Blogs
the fall
the ability to smell
The Biggest Loser
Project Runway
THE OFFICE!!!!!
Cheese filled Ravioli (yumm)
God's grace
the gift of meeting with women and ministering to their hearts and encouraging them in their walks with the Lord
Africa
God's provision
funny memories of my mom
myspace: come on, it's great!
snowflakes
warm vanilla chai
light caramel frappacinos
panera!
learning
guitar hero (played for the 1st time last week...spittin' image of Pat Benetar!!)
examples of godly marriages!
being around people who are smarter than me (wait....that's pretty much everyone!)
prayer
ghetto cruiser
adobe indesign (makes me look more talented than i am!)
being under warm blankets when the air around ya is cold!
flip flops
trying new things
good concerts
God's strength to do what He has called me to do
Obedience
Taking steps of faith
sweet surprises from Jesus during the day
the guitar
makeup....oh my, am I a sight without it! SCARY!!!! (even if i wear it really light, still does a world of difference to my ugly mug!)
my shower radio
my rice cooker (seriously, best purchase I have ever made!)
Netflix
People magazine (my one guilty pleasure!)
getting mail, except for bills
the ability to serve others
the joy in living each day the Lord chooses to bless me with
The things in my life that draw me closer to the Lord (I tend to think of these things as negatives, but look at what they cause me to do!)
Jacob and Sam Teodoro!!! (I wish I could steal them!)
good movies
the ability to see the beauty in God's creation
funny quotes
plane rides
meeting new people
church
fellowship
the ability and freedom to worship
healing
ginger peach candles
chocolate
vanillalight twinkies!
weight watchers
encouraging people
ipod...no more carrying around 1,000 cd's when i travel!!
people that make me laugh and smile
God's will and plan for my life
my singleness (by faith, I typed that! ha!!)
the here and the now.....never know when we will leave this earth
God's constant love and pursuit of me. (i am sooo unworthy!)
music, music, music, music...did i mention music??

Well, I hope that this Turkey day and every day we can all take a second and think about all the wonderful things that we have in our lives that we can be thankful for....even in the midst of a not so great time! (i am preaching to myself!!!)

BTW....please comment and tell me all that you are thankful for!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm breaking down and finally commenting on here...For those of you reading this who aren't Amanda, I apologize...

I love the things that you are thankful for. On a serious note, I feel like it shows the different areas in the past year where the Lord has really 'grown' you. Seriously. On a non-serious note, I love that you are thankful for Guitar Hero (how could you not love it Pat?) and also that you're thankful for you rice cooker. It warms my little Asian heart. OK, I'm guessing that's enough to comment on for now...Love you!

Oh wait! I can't believe that you mentioned myspace (well actually I can). Oh well- I guess we can still be friends :-)