Monday, November 5, 2007

Enough Already with the Weddings!!!!

I am not bitter...BUT AM I MISSING SOMETHING?? Seriously people, my single gal friends are dropping like flies! I have had 3 friends all within the past week and a half tell me they are soon to be gettin' hitched. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for them! I am excited that I will get to share in each of their special days with them! BUT...Is there something in the water that they are drinking that is severely lacking in the water here in WV?
I JUST gave away my beloved roomie last weekend...now I'm having to accept the fact that 3 of my friends are about to go to the dark side...and 1 of my special friends is marrying one of my guy friends....so I am in fact losing 4 dear friends to the dark side! UGH!
I'm gonna be "that girl" that will be single forever and all my friends will tilt there head at me, ask in a sweet voice..."sooo, is there someone special in your life these days?" And I will have to say nope...but you can pray for that for me if ya want!
This leads me to start working on my soon to-be-made bumper sticker...
Don't date, Don't allow yourself to be pursued, and Die alone....cuz it's easier!
I came up with the idea a few years back...i think it is rather catchy and women across the nation...no the world, will l-u-v it and want one!! This really could be my way of gettin' rich!! (This may have been more appropriate to mention when I hear people talk about the heartaches of "romance"...but since this concept is gonna take over the world, it doesn't hurt to mention it several times! EVEN in times of celebration! Am I wrong?....whatever! It's my bumper sticker idea, I'll mention it when I wanna, so there!...)
Alright, alright, I know what you are thinking....I seriously am NOT bitter!! I am very, very excited for all my married friends and soon to be married friends...I can't help that someday I hope to go to the dark side as well!
I'm not promised ANYTHING, but my heart clings to these verses as I long to go to the dark side!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD."
"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

No comments: