Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chan Chan Change

WHOA NELLY! The past 2 weeks have been CRAZY! Here are some snipits:

1. I am leaving my position with Chestnut Mountain Ranch to pursue overseas missions. I am applying to do an internship next summer with G.O. Ministries in the Dominican Republic. If I get accepted I will then spend 3 months with the hope of seeing whether or not the Lord is calling me to fulltime missions there. WHAT?!?!?! yeah....crazy, but ridiculously exciting!

It's a tug on my heart that I have been avoiding for sometime and it's about time I take a leap of faith to really see what the Lord has in store. I am confident that He is leading me somewhere, I'm just not quite sure where.

2. Had a rough week (this past week) food wise, but am back on track. I realized after a few days of making poor decisions with food that those daily decisions affect a lot more than my weight. They affect the direction that the Lord is leading me in my life. The main reason I have begun to allow the Lord to change this area of my life is so I can go where He is leading me. Right now, I believe that is the DR, but I can't do ministry unhindered there at my current weight. I had the HUGE realization that every decision I make regarding food has an affect. I have kept picturing the many faces of the people I saw, met, and connected with in the DR. I wanna be healthy enough to see those face in 11 months. Soooo, yes, I am back on track. Back on track indeed!


3. Had a visit with the Teodoro family - man oh man do I love them dearly! Wished that they lived closer, but I'll take an hour lunch with them over nothing!

Me with Jacob & Sam Teodoro

4. I have been in physical therapy for my knees, so I haven't been able to exercise. I'm hoping that will change very soon, because my 5k is a little over a month away! YIKES!!! I hope that the next time I blog, I will have had many a dates with my running shoes and the track!

5. I think that's it for now. :)

1 comment:

Lionel Messi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.