Sunday, May 3, 2009

While I'm Waiting

It has just been one of those weeks.

*finished my second full week of training for my 5k and still haven't died. yAy!!

*lost another 5 pounds for a GRAND TOTAL of 11 in two short weeks!! Looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in!

*was able to "be there" for a friend in need.

*had a productive and enjoyable week at the Ranch.

*and realized more and more just how important this time in my life is: this period of waiting. the period of transforming. this period that the Lord desires for me to have because He has graciously and lovingly given it to me. this period of wondering, hoping, pressing on. this period of preparation for something AMAZING. this period of growth. this period of...


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

While I'm Waiting - John Waller


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the weight loss!! I am going to attempt my first 5k ( or any sort of marathon period) in oct! Good luck to you!

Amanda said...

thank you! Hope that your race goes well too!!!!