Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm going POSTAL!


NOOOO, not in the violent way...in the rain, sleet, snow kinda way!


OK....so not that I am complaining cuz I understand that there needs to be rain, BUT why oh WHY does it need to rain every day that I am training for my 5k?????? It seems as if everyday that I venture out to train is a battle. Whether it's the track that isn't usable, or it raining cats, dogs, elephants, and every other large animal known to man, EVERY day has been a struggle! I am very happy to say that the rain hasn't stopped me! Although I have thought twice about it when I hear the rain pellets clamoring down outside! I have to again say, that it's not because of me, it's because of who is in me!!! Thank you Lord for giving me strength and desire to get healthy even when I have every reason to stay at home, remain dry, and read a good book! Here is a pic to prove that I am dedicated because the Lord is just pushing me and driving me towards better health and a lifestyle that brings Him glory!

Thanks Ang for being a trooper and running in the rain with me!

2 comments:

reba said...

maybe you should come to austin and run b/c we are in a serious drought.

Roadrunner4BJK said...

YAY!!! Running in the rain is refeshing!!! I'm so proud of you, every day! You are so stinking amazing, I miss you nad your laugh! :)