Sunday, April 12, 2009

ROAD TRIPS & GOALS

As a single gal I have found that roadtrips are happening more often in my life and have provided an immense amount of refreshment for me. I find that those are times when I can just escape from the busyness of life, reflect on what the Lord is teaching me, pray, and of course sing and dance. This past weekend's trip was no different. Thanks to the music of Eric Hutchinson, Laura Story, Kelly Clarkson, Feist, Tracy Chapman, The Fray, and many other artsists, I think I may have pulled some muscles from my fierce dance moves while driving. Many of my closest friends make fun of me for this, but I just think it's yet another way to try to burn calories! Laughing and dancing WILL get me to my goal weight! I am also happy to report that ghetto cruiser, also known as Sha-Needa in some circles, made it to MD and back without quitting. Considering she is a FORD (never again will I be a FORD owner!) and has over 121,000 miles I just pray everytime I start her up that she works! The trip was a success!

I also listend to numerous sermons by Mark Driscoll...whew, what a godly man who has a way of making the Word come alive and be challenging in new and exciting ways! Good stuff!! I was listening to a sermon series on marriage...which i thought was appropriate considering that the purpose of this road trip was to witness in my good friends wedding.


Congrats Kate & Brad!!!


She was a stunning bride and he was a handsome groom...This wedding was a true representation to me of God's faithfulness! Their story, the years of obedience, the measures of forgivenss and grace, the love they both have for the Lord...good stuff. They really need to write a book about their story. It is guaranteed to provide a ton of encouragement to many people!!!


Back to the sermon series....as a single gal I desire to be married someday so I enjoy listening to sermons on marriage in hopes that the Lord will use them to teach me a ton and prepare me someday for marriage. It's my desire to be the woman He desires to be so I feel like I am in marriage boot camp until He provides that man that will accept me and love me because of who I am in Christ. I also enjoy spending time with my married friends...I just try to soak up all their godly wisdom so that one day I will be a wife and a mom that brings glory and honor to the Lord. (Atleast I pray that those things would be true of me!) Sooo yeppp, Roadtrips are fun and refreshing...can't wait for the next one!


Goals: well people I have 2 really BIG goals. Are you ready? Can you handle it?? I will be running in my first 5K on August 22. The training has begun! I also have a goal of losing 50 pounds before I turn the BIG 30, which will happen on August 24. Pray for me! I know that I can't do it apart from Him who gives me strength and self-control. It's a HUGE area for me to fail miserably in, but I am going to take it one day at a time and trust that He will help me reach my goals.

5 comments:

Ashley M said...

mark driscoll...good stuff.

wanna make a weight loss goal together????

Amanda said...

seriously....peasant princess series...INCREDIBLE! I'm only a lil halfway done, but man...good stuff!

I have one small goal already...I wanna lose 50 pounds by the time i turn 30! which is Aug. 24th...that is my first "mini" goal. I will set another after I reach that...since I have to lose a whole other person! yikes!

Ashley M said...

well by this 5k, i'd like to be back to prenancy weight. so we can encourage each other...deal?

Amanda said...

dealio my friend!!!!! Looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

Amanda, what an inspiration you are! You go girl... I hope your run went well and keep up the good 'work'! You're awesome...
Bethan's mom - Cindy