Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jesus Boot Camp

So this week was the "official" start of my 5K training. Monday I was on the track while it was raining cats & dogs & ELEPHANTS not to mention hurricane force winds and chilly temperatures! BUT I went...I may have been soaking wet with mascara running down my cheeks, not moving faster than a turtle, but i WENT! I could have very easily used the elements as an excuse to not go, but I just kept thinking there will ALWAYS be a reason for me not to go. Then Wednesday hit, I again thought I was gonna be met by lots and lots of rain, but the Lord provided a brief window of opportunity in between rain pellets and I was able to do my training! It's kind of embarassing because I am about as fast as molasses, but I know that it's just the beginning and I will get better. I just pray that no one that I know sees me!! Tomorrow is day three...looks to be sunny and warm, hope that makes my caboose move a lil faster!!

I am also happy to report that on Monday I had my first "weigh-in" and I have lost 6 pounds so far!! I was pretty proud of those 6 pounds! Again, I have a LONG way to go to get where I want to be, but I am just soooo stinkin' excited that I am headed in the right direction. Every minute I make choices that will impact my life and health and I pray that He gives me the strength and desire to make the decisions that will bring Him the most glory. Apart from Him I can't do it, I can't muster up the motivation to run in a monsoon...I can't say no to the pizza at our Board Meeting (I definitely said no and chose a veggie sub from Subway instead)....and I can't walk through the aisles of the grocery store and not put all kinds of yummy treats, that will pack on the pounds, in my cart. HE allows me to do all of those things...It's so hard, but I am truly thankful that He is giving me self-control!!!

I had a breakthrough in the Domincan Republic that has lit this fire in me to change my life. I won't go into details (soooo unlike me, I know! ha!) but I had a moment where I realized I was trapped...trapped in this body that keeps me from doing a lot of things. Trapped in a shell that keeps people from seeing me. Trapped in this fat suit that keeps my confidence barely above ground! TRAPPED! I don't want to be TRAPPED anymore!!!!

It's weird...Jesus Boot Camp that is! Have you ever felt like the Lord was preparing you for something...you can sense it...you experience Him in a new and exciting way...you just KNOW He is up to something...but you have NO IDEA what??? That's where I am right now. I truly believe that not only am I in physical training but I am also in Jesus Boot Camp...training to be more effective for Him, training for a new and exciting journey that He has planned for me. Sky is the limit! It's fun, exciting, and weird all at the same time.

4 comments:

The Buchers said...

I love reading your blog! I'm so proud of you! Way to go chica! Can't wait to keep hearing the amazing progress. Have a great wknd! Know that I'm rooting for you!

Amanda said...

Thanks! Means a lot! *hugs* :)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!! Way to go on the six pounds and the dedication to the boot camp.. I know you'll do it!!!! Your in our hearts and we'll be cheering for you!

Brent and Abigail said...

way to go. I ran a race last year and it was so hard to get motivated to train for it but SOOOO worth it in the end.