Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time, where have you gone?

It is 11:20 am on Tuesday, July 20th and this means one thing. I only have 4 more weeks left here in the DR. This place has become home. The people have become family. The staff have become kindred spirits. The culture has gently nudged it's way in my heart permanently. I have a feeling that this means I should get some Kleenex's pronto!

It was a lil over a year ago when I began to serisously consider coming here on the internship, followed by many months of not being sure, to jumping on a plane just 2 short months ago, to now only having 4 weeks left. I was reminded the other day of just how faithful the Lord has been in EVERYTHING leading me up to this day. From showing me how faithful He is in the little things and the BIG things to providing in ways that still make my jaw drop to the floor!

No matter the end result of my time here, I know that this journey was for a purpose. That He will use the things that I have learned here to continue to shape and mold me into who He desires me to be and will use my time here and the relationships that I have built for His purposes and His glory. I consider it a privilege to have the opportunity to be a small part of His HUGE plan.

2 comments:

The Buchers said...

It's going to be awesome to see how God uses you're experience. I'm sure it'll be sad to leave. If it's any help, PPL HERE MISS YOU! Can't wait to have you back, even if it's for a little bit! 26 days ma'am!

Brooke Barnett said...

I Am SO happppy for all you are learning and loving over there! I look forward to a 6 hr phone date upon your return! Until then, praying for you! Soak it all in.
love you.