Monday, June 7, 2010

Pics, Pics, and MORE Pics

This pic is one of my favorites that I have ever taken. There is sooooo much unsaid in the faces of the girl and the kids. I see faces like that everyday. There's a story behind every face you come in contact with. As I have continued to look at the pic over and over again, I'm reminded to pray for them. To ask the Lord to do amazing things in this girl's life. To ask Him to protect those precious precious kids. I hope one day I will see these faces again for eternity.

The next group of photos were taken one afternoon right in the neighborhood that I am living in. There are some precious kiddos right across the street from my front door and they always pretend to shoot me when I walk past. They crack me up! So I decided one day that I would play some games with them and just spend time lovin' on them and hopefully these pics depict the joy we had that afternoon.




This lil guy is the shooter! :)


We had the privilege and joy of having a game night with the Haitian gals I mentioned in a previous blog post. It was soooo much fun playing Twister, spoons, and a question/answer game with them. They are soooo much fun and very sweet. This was one of my favorite evenings I've had so far here in the DR.
The first 3 teams arrive tomorrow!!!! Yay!!!! Soooo excited to meet them and serve alongside of them here. Please pray for all the teams safety while traveling and pray for the interns and staff as we prepare for our long, busy summer!

5 comments:

The Buchers said...

Another great post! I'm sure you're having a blast with the kids. We'll def. be praying as the teams come in. Things are about to get really busy! I noticed you're getting some sun.... :-P

Amanda said...

girl....i got some sun yesterday. not enough to be painful, but boy oh boy did i change colors! ;)

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog every morning, looking for new pictures of what looks an amazing time you are having there! You are so great Amanda!!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad things are going well Amanda. The boys say a prayer for you every night. What a blessing you are to those children and their families. Lori