Tuesday, June 23, 2009

the perfect storm, AGAIN. ~ 27.5, WHAT??

the perfect storm

nov. 24, 2004 was the beginning of 3 very hard years in the life of amanda. what began with the loss of a mother, turned into a time in my life where loss was a popular theme. It also began a faith journey like none other for me. I began to ask the Lord tough questions that I have yet to find answers to. let's say that my perfect storm was not enjoyable and i never wanted to repeat it or have anything like that happen again....well, apparently we don't always get what we want. (duh amanda)

about a month ago, all the pieces were in place for the perfect storm to return and park itself right over me with no end in sight. I can't explain it...i don't understand it...i hate it...i am wondering why it's back...

in the midst of this storm i find myself in, i am holding on by a thread to the truths that the Lord soooo lovingly gave me in the midst of the initial storm. i fear that as i struggle to hold on, that my strength will fail me. guess it's a GREAT thing that His strength is what matters. it's His strength that will keep me in the fight. it's His strength that will get me out of this storm as a changed woman. so in the meantime, i am holding on for dear life praying that the storm will end but trusting that He has BIG things for me to learn and grow in.

27.5 pounds gone, WHAT??????

For reasons that can only come from the Lord I am getting smaller and smaller as the weeks go on. It's crazy!! I have been shocked...

at the results of my hard work. BUT I know that it's not me who is getting through each day making the right desisions for my body. Someway, somehow He has gripped my heart and has begun this change inside of me that is being reflected on the outside. I can't even begin to explain it. BUT I LOVE IT! Lately I have been tempted to pick up that tasty treat to bandage wounds, but before I can even go beyond the thought of eating, the WORD comes flooding into my brain and my heart and it allows me to see that that tasty treat is just that. it's just food, not a bandaid.


No comments: