Monday, March 30, 2009

It's AMAZING how one week can change your life!




A pic from my recent trip to the DR




I had the privilege of going to the Dominican Republic for one week, and let me tell ya, it has changed me! How does 7 days leave such an impact on one's life and heart? Since being back, I have had a lot of time to pray, reflect, and read God's Word and I sit here amazed that He allowed me to have the blessing of going. I'm a little nervous about what He is doing as a result of this trip, but also very excited too. I feel like He is calling me to be bold in telling others about Him. To look outside my self and truly put others before myself. I know that He is increasing my heart for the lost. And I know that He is telling me to take radical leaps of faith for His glory!





A precious boy!


Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. ~Philippians 2:3-4




For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.


~ 2 Timothy 1:6-9



Yolanda and I

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

~Philippians 1:3-11




No comments: