Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him

I LOVE this picture. A sweet girl named Clare, from KY took this of me the week I was in the Batey's helping out with a medical clinic. I was not aware of the camera...I am so glad she took this photo. It gives me chills actually.

From my very first trip to the DR (March '09) up to present day (Sept '10) I can't keep track of all the people that have told me what they see in me in my trips to the DR. Things such as: "You have joy like nothing I have ever seen before", "there is a passion in side of you that comes out in the DR", "the true you is seen in your DR pictures", "the love of Christ pours out of u there", "You have the joy of the Lord in the DR"....and I could go on and on and on.

When comments like this first started I just kinda brushed them off....oh, it's only because I am really white compared to the people there or it's cuz I am sweating. (Both are very true!) But the more and more I have been told that the more I feel like the Lord is telling me to really listen to what they are saying....really try to grasp what they see....to understand that He is using them to speak truth into the parts of my heart that doubt resides in.

I know it may seem silly, but have u ever tried to view yourself how others see you. It's hard. And what I find to be EVEN MORE DIFFICULT is viewing me how Christ sees me. Tis my thorn people! BUT I think the Lord is using these comments (and they are a plenty!) to show me how He views me....that when I am most satisfied in Him the more glory He receives...if I light up by serving in the DR and loving the people there, it's Him they are seeing not me. When I have joy, it's Christ in me being revealed!!! Now that is some truth I wanna take to heart!

When I look at the picture above, I get a tingling feeling all over....I remember that day, I remember those kiddos, I remember the silent prayers I prayed over their lil lives, I remember how my heart skipped walking in the Batey's, I remember feeling the joy of the Lord flowing through me, It makes me long for Him....to reveal Him to others...to be and do what He has created me to be and do....it makes me love Him more!

Thank you for all your comments...YOU have been a huge help in me seeing myself as He sees me! Gracias!